Thursday, April 14, 2011

Slogging the Marathon

My mind was not blown at the Animal Collective show last night. They remain the band that other people listen to in the car while I'm sitting in the back. That's probably the only time I've really listened to them but I spent a lot of time in cars in 2004-2008. After a friend put Leaf House on a mix for me and I had to confess I hated the rest of the album, Strawberry Jam was put on repeat on the way to band practice for the next 2 weeks.

Anyways, the light show was visually trippy but I seem to attract every dude over 6'4". Not that they're attracted to me, just the 2 feet directly in front of me. I'm also a magnet for 5'7" girls with wild elbows- my eyes stare at the exact back of their heads; like we were stacked there like warm, jabby toast.

Here's Brother Sport. Now picture the above scenario (make sure your room is pot-smokey) and you have my evening:



As you can see, I took a break from my sewing marathon. The stack of wallets on my sewing desk is still rather large but if I turn my TV to the left, I can barely see my pile of work to do. Getting a call to go out 20 minutes before the show starts while I'm, literally, up to my elbows in the fish tank (this was how the death of my first iPhone occurred) gave me a "I should say yes to this and not stay in with my fish and my Netflix. Again" moment. Although An Education was really good and inspired me to redecorate my apartment. No more of this half-assed mid-century modern. Less hyphens, more doing. Now back to slogging the marathon (slow-jog for those of you that haven't played team sports).

No comments:

Post a Comment